Here is the 2nd installation of “Turkey 30 Ways.” These are all turkey recipes that my family enjoys and I hope you will too!
11th Way: Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Turkey
Ingredients: 2 lb. turkey breast chunks, 1 Tblsp olive oil, 1 cup pineapple juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Lightly brown turkey in skillet before adding to crockpot.
- Place turkey in crockpot and cover with pineapple juice mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with warmed rice.
***If the dish looks too soupy, fry turkey and sauce in skillet until sauce is at a light boil. Boil until it thickens.
12th Way: Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Turkey
For the turkey: 2 lbs. turkey breast cut into chunks, sea salt and black pepper to taste, 1/2 cup cornstarch, 2 large eggs beaten, 1/4 cup olive oil
For the sauce: 1/2 cup brown sugar packed, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp garlic minced
- In a large bowl, whisk sauce ingredients until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, season turkey with salt and pepper. Add cornstarch and eggs. Mix until turkey is coated with egg and cornstarch batter.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and cook turkey until it is golden brown, usually 4-5 minutes.
- Put turkey in crockpot and cover with the sauce. Stir evenly until turkey is coated.
- Cook 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Serve over warm rice or noodles.
13th Way: Cashew Turkey Stir-fry
Ingredients: 1 lb. turkey breast sliced into thin strips, 1 clove garlic minced, 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms, 1 medium green pepper sliced, 1 cup carrots thinly sliced, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp. granulated sugar, 1 Tblsp cornstarch, 1 cup chicken broth, 4 Tblsp vegetable oil, 3 scallions sliced, hot cooked rice, 3/4 cup cashew nuts
- In small bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Cook turkey in oil until done.
- Add garlic, green peppers, mushrooms, carrots, and scallions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir frequently to keep from uneven cooking.
- Lower heat and stir in sauce. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with cashew nuts.
***I like to add my cashews before plating. Having a little extra sauce on the cashews is extra yummy.
14th Way: Apricot Turkey
Ingredients: 2 lb. turkey breast sliced 1 – 2 inches thick, 1 – 10 oz. jar of apricot preserves, 1 bottle Russian dressing, 1 package instant Onion Soup Mix, 1/4 cup flour
- Coat turkey breast with flour and place in 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix preserves, dressing, and Onion Soup Mix in a small bowl.
- Pour preserve mixture over turkey breasts.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Serve alone or over warm rice.