Three Gifts from Santa
Every year Santa delivers three gifts for each of us. That is it. Three.
My children receive three things from the jolly old elf and are ecstatic. The gifts are usually three things from my children’s wish lists or fun things they will use.
When people hear that my children only receive three gifts Christmas morning, they are shocked.
Here are Santa’s reasons for the tradition of three gifts on Christmas morning at our home:
5. Santa is magical but he is also practical.
4. Santa wants the family to spend time together. He doesn’t want all of Christmas to be spent in separate parts of the house with our new things. He wants us together.
3. Santa wants our children to know they are loved and the number of gifts under the tree can NEVER amount to the measure of our love.
2. Children receive so much through out the year. He wants those three gifts to be special and memorable.
1. Santa remembers the first Christmas. At that first Christmas, a very special child received three very special gifts. He wants that same special message to be shared with my family.
By: Melanie A. Peters
P.S. Remember the Reason for the Season.