If it’s printed on a pencil case it has to be true.
Hot Girls Read!
On a recent trip with my BFF, I found this awesome pencil case. I also discovered some positive lessons from the boutiques and gift shops we visited.
- Hot Girls Read…I am a girl and I read, THEREFORE I am hot. (Because you read, you are hot too.) Seriously, if it’s on a pencil case, it HAS to be true.
- Everything has the potential to be “darling” or “gorgeous,” if you are in a shop with cute little, old ladies or a very excited, boutique sales clerk.
- People will put anything on a sign and sell it. One of the signs I read said, “I HATE stupid signs.” (I kind of wanted that sign.)
- Potpourri and scented oil stuff is EVERYWHERE! (My nose hurt after visiting all those shops) The positive here is that some of those scents have hilarious names. Poo Pourri had some of my favorite.
- Sometimes it’s nice to hear you are “darling” or “gorgeous” from little, old ladies and excited sales clerks. We all want to be “gorgeous” sometimes.
- “Darling” and “gorgeous” can be really expensive, but it feels great to find a sale and pick up a little “gorgeous” for yourself.
- People-watching is the best in small spaces. Seeing people try to check out prices on the sly or hold up something they would NEVER wear (but trying to do it with out anyone looking) makes for some great entertainment.
- I can always find something that makes my BFF cringe. The gift shops provide a tremendous selection of items she finds repulsive or obnoxious. (Love ya, BFF!) I am positive we make for some pretty funny people-watching ourselves.
They are called “gift shops” for a reason. You can find the BEST presents in the little shops and boutiques. In fact one of my all-time favorite birthday gifts came from the Yankee Peddler, one of the shops we visited.
- Small businesses really do appreciate your business. As we made our way through the area, many of the shops we have visited in the past were now closed. Small businesses are the heart and soul of those that run them and their communities. The service and courtesy shown in the shops we did visit was so nice. The clerks and owners were genuinely interested in what we were looking for and sincere in their thanks when we purchased something. Support small businesses. It can make a big difference.
While shopping is exhausting for me, I really enjoy the time spent with my BFF and those we met in the shops. I love the creativity and variety displayed in the gift shops and admire the style and sophistication of the fashion boutiques. It takes a lot of love and energy to put things together in so many appealing ways.
If you have a chance, patronize small businesses. The items you see and purchase will hopefully bring a little joy to your life and support those darlings in the shops with really cool pencil cases and hilarious signs.
By: Melanie A. Peters
P.S. Shopping really does wear me out. Most of the time I would rather be a hot girl reading a book.
2 thoughts on “Hot Girls Read and Other Boutique Lessons”