Opportunity to Share
We all like to share what is important to us. There is nothing better than having someone with which we can share.
Recently, I had the opportunity to share Intentergy at our local library. It was my second presentation on “Blogging from a Blogger’s Perspective.”
The coolest element to sharing my Intentergy experience is that I have the chance to ask people what their intent is. What is it that they want to make happen?
Not everyone who has attended my blogging presentation wanted to blog. In fact most wanted to write, share photography, grow an ebusiness, or just start something new. All of those intents are perfect for the Intentergy presentation because it is geared toward providing resources and motivation for people to take action towards their goals. Continue reading “Opportunity to Share” →
Versatile Blogger Award – February 2017
“Life is about being a versatile athlete and training in all realms of life.” -Ray Lewis
Upon receiving my nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award from The Wandress, author of “wandering in my Genes,” I was exceptionally honored. Her young blog on life and works of literature is sweet, sincere, and uplifting. To be considered “Versatile” by someone who has created such a fluid work of blog art is really a treat for me. Thank you!
The Versatile Blogger Award is an honor that also serves as a pay-it-forward approach to blogging. When this award is given, the recipient is to share 7 facts about his or her self (hopefully enlightening their readers as to why they have been deemed “Versatile”), thank the individual who nominated them, and then nominate 15 other bloggers that are also worthy of the honor.
As for my 7 Versatile Blogger Facts:
- I try to write a little every day. It is a proven practice for honing and strengthening one’s writing voice and skill. (I still need A LOT of practice.)
- Receiving “likes” and comments on my blog posts is the equivalent to winning the lottery. Anytime I receive a notification that a post has been liked, shared, or commented on, my heart does a happy little cartwheel.
- My children always want to be a part of my blog writing process but sometimes I am leery of including them. While I am comfortable exposing my own thoughts and fears, I am not always comfortable sharing details about my precious children. I guess I am just an overprotective mom.
- I have the most amazing collection of friends. They are all so different and lead such varying lives that I feel blessed to be a tie that binds them.
- I plan my meals a month at a time. I print a blank calendar at the beginning of each month, look through my pantry and freezer, plan our suppers, and then make my grocery lists from the monthly menu. It is one of my attempts to control the chaos of my life. It also saves money on groceries.
- My favorite color is blue. I LOVE the color blue.
- I don’t like to wash windows. I will sweep, do dishes, laundry, and vacuum my heart out, but I don’t like to wash windows. I plan to write about this in my spring cleaning posts.
Now to my nominations of other bloggers.
I follow a number of bloggers that I believe are tremendously versatile. Here are a few. Please check out their work.
- Meli author of https://thedreamingyogi.wordpress.com
- vinaytheblogger author of https://techyvinay.wordpress.com/
- Life in the Leslie Lane
- An Epic of Epic Epicness
- K. Lamb author of The Gentlemen Project
- Whitney Edna ibe author of https://whitneyibeblog.wordpress.com
- Bev author of https://sahmclub.wordpress.com/
- Steve Cauley author of https://pastorstevencauley.com/
- Natalie author of https://natalieschriefer.wordpress.com/
- Dawn Liz Jones author of https://dawnlizjones.wordpress.com/
By: Melanie A. Peters (2 time Versatile Blogger Award recipient)
P.S. Be sure to award someone with a compliment or statement of gratitude for what they bring to your life.
Something’s happening tomorrow night at the Missouri River Regional Library in Jefferson City, Mo.
That something is a presentation on blogging.
Guess who gets to give the presentation!
I am so excited! I have been invited to speak on blogging and how it impacts my life. I am so excited! (Did I already say that?)
The presentation is from 7:00-8:30 p.m. and is geared to sharing the process and impacts of being a blogger.
Not a blogger? No worries. I have designed the steps of the presentation to be beneficial for anyone who has considered blogging, is considering a new undertaking, or just needs to refresh their approach to daily activities.
If you have ever considered blogging or are hoping to start something new, like a career, education, or hobby, please join us for “Blogging from the Blogger’s Perspective.”
By: Melanie A. Peters
P.S. It’s free.